|There are no upcoming events at this time.|
Welcome to Jobs @ VIU
We welcome your interest in Virginia International University (VIU). VIU is committed to hiring highly qualified and diverse faculty and staff and to support teaching, research, and the service mission of the University. We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the University. We strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating, and rewarding opportunities.
We are looking for individuals who engage in lifelong learning and believe that education and knowledge open the doors for understanding and peace in the global community. At VIU, we are committed to educating students from all over the world and providing them with the knowledge to achieve excellence in research, scholarship, and creative endeavors.
Search and Apply for All Jobs
** Featured Administration Positions
** Featured Faculty Positions
** Featured Staff Positions
** VIU's School of Test Preparation
Looking for a part-time job teaching test prep classes? Check out our current openings for Test Prep Instructors and apply today!
** Featured Position **
Virginia International University is seeking a Public Relations Specialist - Eastern European Division.
- Plan, direct and analyze public relations and media campaigns for VIU to create and maintain a favorable public image for the university, with a main focus on advertising the university’s image and offerings in Eastern Europe
- Identify and support VIU's image and brand identity
- Oversee media materials for VIU; coordinate photographers, videographers, designers. Develop academic partnerships with universities in Russia, Eurasia and Eastern European Countries
- Develop outreach and network with embassies, diplomats, businesses and local community for PR and fundraising purposes
- Develop and manage alumni network through VIU Alumni Association. Coordinate alumni outreach, engagement, fundraising events and activities
- Develop and coordinate University Advisory Board. Identify potential members, establish and maintain productive relations
- Utilize social media and Google Analytics for outreach and engagement; Utilize graphic design software (Illustrator, Photoshop) for campaign design mockups
- Analyze outcomes of campaigns to determine if PR efforts were met
- Master’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Public Relations, Business Administration, Advertising, or closely related discipline
- Two (2) years of experience in the job offered or two (2) years of experience in the field of public relations or advertising/sales
Special Skill Requirements:
Experience must include the following:
- Conducting international advertisement centering on Eastern Europe
- Utilizing social media and Google Analytics for outreach and engagement
- Analyzing outcomes of campaigns to determine if PR efforts were met
- Graphic design software Illustrator and Photoshop
- Any suitable combination of education, training and experience is acceptable.
Fax resume with references to (703)-537-0950. Please reference the following information with your fax: ATTN: HR, Virginia International University, Req.#: 14-1928(VIU).